It was dark when I entered my room. Windows closed and no single light from the lights outside could enter. Not even a single sound, I hear nothing. The silence was so loud and made everything I imagined hearing comes audible. It scared me and made me feel so empty. I went to my bed and lit the candle near reach to it. I pulled a box from under. I closed my eyes as I pulled up a letter under stacks and as I opened it, tears fell down my eyes. My hands came trembling from the hold of the letter. It melted my heart. As I read by the lines, it killed me softly little by little. Memories passed my mind. They came ravishing like storm and made me feeling cold and unprotected. As I lain down, a warmth love covered me. She was there brushing my hair by her caring hands. She bended forward and whispered words that crushed my heart feeling the longing and emptiness. She said, “I love you… I love you with all my heart. Please let me go, let me go, let me go.” She held me so tight I couldn’t breathe. She kissed me goodbye and disappeared. I cried, cried with all my heart, with all my thoughts, with all I am. As I looked up my window, it was open. Letting light to come in, letting the wind touch me, touching me gently like it was her. I closed my eyes and said, “I love you… I love you with all my heart. I’m letting you go, I’m letting you go, I’m letting you go… Goodbye.”
Short Story Writing in Class; November 21, 2002, Thursday, 9:30-11:00 AM
Oh wow...
ReplyDelete